Camden Momentum are to stand in solidarity with Labour Black Socialists and support their call for a campaign strike.
Camden Momentum unanimously passed a motion to this effect on 8th March 2021
Labour Black Socialists are delighted that Camden momentum have passed the motion in support of fighting for an anti racist party and ensuring all Labour candidates have a proven record of anti racist organising. We would like to appeal to members to join our campaign in fighting for an anti racist party that represents us all.Labour Black Socialists
We accept LBS assertion that the Leadership has failed in their duty to tackle Anti Black racism and Islamophobia within the Party.
We also condemn the suspension of the whip to the Anti-Racist Jeremy Corbyn and the mass suspension of socialists within the Party.
Consequently, we will only campaign for candidates in the upcoming elections
- That have a proven commitment to tackle anti-black racism, Islamophobia and other discrimination routinely faced by Black, Asian and ethnic communities’ members.
- That signal an opposition to the ongoing sectarian suspensions of socialists within the Party and support restoring the whip to Jeremy Corbyn.
Camden Campaign Strike launch
Meeting by Camden Momentum, in solidarity with Labour Black Socialists
This Sunday join us at the Camden Campaign Strike Launch via zoom
- Graham Bash (JVL Political Officer) speaking in a personal capacity.
- Andrea Gilbert – Labour Black Socialists
- Luke Smith – Labour GRT (Gypsy, Roma & Traveller)
- Ekua Bayunu – Labour Black Socialists
Date: Sunday March 28th, 2:00-3:30pm
Free – public event